The Cargo Handling Corporation Limited, a private company with state shareholding, is responsible for the loading, unloading, delivery and reception of containers as well as general and bulk cargo at Port Louis.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates who wish to be considered for employment on contract as Head of Maintenance & Engineering Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechatronics / Mechanical / Electronic / Electrical) or any alternative qualification acceptable to the Corporation.
- The candidate should be duly registered or should be registrable with the Council of Registered Professional Engineers of Mauritius.
- 10 years’ experience in the engineering field. Experience in the maintenance of cargo / container handling equipment would be an advantage.
- Strong managerial, communication, leadership and organizational skills.
- Able to work in a very demanding and fast paced environment.
- Able to lead, motivate and manage a team of technical staff.
- Able to travel overseas for short periods of time.
- Knowledge of Ports and cargo/container handling equipment.
- Proficient knowledge of English or French (written and spoken)
- Holder of a valid driving license.
The Head of Maintenance & Engineering Department will report to the Managing Director and will be responsible for providing adequate equipment for a reliable and sustainable service to the shipping community. He will be required to review and redesign the Department to make it respond to the needs of stakeholders.
The salary for the post is negotiable depending on qualification and experience.
Mode of Application
If you feel you have the right profile, you are invited to send your application electronically at the following address https://www.chcl.mu/head-of-maintenance-and-engineering-department/ together with copies of the following documents:-
- Full CV, copies of qualification, birth certificate and national identity card/or Passport Number.
- A copy of your Certificate of Registration as Professional Engineer.
- Documentary evidence relating to work experience.
Candidates not applying online may submit their application letter together with the above-mentioned documents by post to the Managing Director, Cargo Handling Corporation Limited, Mer Rouge, Port Louis, P.O Box 285.
Closing date for the submission of Application
- Applications must be received at latest by 27th September 2021 at 15 00 hrs.
- Prospective candidates should clearly indicate the post applied for on the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
- Failure to submit the requested documents may lead to rejection of application.
- Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
- The onus for submission of equivalence of qualification (if applicable) from the relevant authorities rests on the candidates.
The CHCL reserves the right to call only the best qualified candidates for interview or not to proceed with the filling of the vacancies following this advertisement.